Are you someone with a vision and passion for driving business outcomes backed by data-driven insights? Do you enjoy transforming transactional data into multi-dimensional Semantic modeling to provide business insights? Do you get excited about integrating sales, finance, and supply chain data and its results to achieve business goals? Do you get intrigued to explore new technology platforms? Then, we are looking for you, and here is an exclusive opportunity at Kimball International as an Business Intelligence Specialist.
We are seeking an energetic, creative, and analytical professional who can partner with multiple business functional leaders in the Sales, Finance, and Supply chain areas, understand their business challenges, and co-create analytical solutions by transforming the non-integrated transactional data into integrated, meaningful information. You will be part of the global analytics team working alongside external consultants and other internal Business Intelligence professionals. You will be part of the journey to activate operational analytics, explore data science capabilities in the cloud platform, and reposition existing integrated models to support changing source systems.
- Manage the end-to-end process from business requirement gathering to customer satisfaction that including but not limited to leading sessions or workshops, driving PoC efforts, or training users.
- Partner closely with business users in Sales, Finance, and Supply chain functions to align on project timelines, deliverables, and priorities.
- To deliver a complete solution package, collaborate with professionals in other I.T. functions – DBA, Security, and Transactional System analyst.
- Responsible for the upkeep of existing reports and dashboard
- Own the end-to-end solution from conceptualizing to productionizing the reports and dashboards
- Enable self-service reporting capabilities to cater to ad-hoc business requirements.
- Sound understanding of Semantic data structure - facts, dimensions, and attributes.
- Ability to architect, develop and deploy reports and dashboards using SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Power Bi Desktop.
- Proficiency in DAX and SQL language is a must
- Exposure to SAP ERP data structure and business process knowledge is a plus
- Experienced in with multiple data sources and databases
- Proven track record of delivering in a team environment
- Comfortable playing different roles in a project
- Flexibility to adapt to changes
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with all levels in the organization
- Ability to articulate technical issues and solutions to non-technical people
- Adept at using influence and persuasion appropriately
- Min 3+ years of work experience in the Data Analytics domain
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, or a related field
- Power Bi certification is a plus
- Data Analyst certification is a plus