The Containerization/OpenShift Engineer will provide technical leadership for the technical design, planning, and implementation of our client’s Red Hat OpenShift / ROSA (Red Hat OpenShift on AWS) integration, including both infrastructure and security integrations. OpenShift / ROSA responsibilities include evaluation of new Kubernetes, Istio, OpenShift technologies, and automation and tooling of these environments to support Developer Self-Service (DevOps) capabilities for deployment of complex, multi-tiered application environments into AWS.
The Containerization/OpenShift Engineer will provide leadership and direction for these technology areas, mentoring team members to drive organizational maturity. The Containerization/OpenShift Engineer will also consult with development teams to ensure the platform fit aligned with the business application requirements. Additionally, an understanding of APIs, micro-services development, containers, and supporting platform technologies is also required. This position reports to the Director of Cloud Platforms and Solutions Engineering within the Infrastructure & Reliability organization.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Provide technical leadership and design expertise for ROSA-AWS integration
- Define standards and patterns for efficient and consistent container deployments
- Consult with Product Development teams on efficient, pattern-based container deployments, namespace design, and sizing
- Define best practices and patterns for use of Service Mesh
- Help define layout and usage patterns for OpenShift Operators
- Ensure Security-by-Design is a foundational component of every deployed workload
- Contribute to the creation, management, and upkeep of Intranet FAQs, User guides and Knowledgebase, standards and build documents for ROSA-AWS integration and platform deployment patterns
- Provide leadership in identifying new concepts, ideas, techniques, and technology assistance (best practices, guidelines, and design patterns for supported technologies)
- Perform cost-benefit analysis to determine the best system architectures
- Aid the development of ROSA Platform Usage Statistics and Reporting dashboards for account owners
- Mentor engineering and development staff on public cloud integration design and hygiene, driving quality, consistency, resiliency, security, and supportability into designs
- Design and maintain standard templates, reference architectures, and design patterns that aid other Platform/Cloud Engineers in the development of standards-based designs
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 4+ years of experience in the design and implementation of large enterprise Containerization environments
- 3+ years of hands-on experience consulting & designing optimized, secure and cost-effective container deployments
- Kubernetes and/or RH OpenShift Certifications preferred - Deep understanding of Kubernetes, Cloud Container services, or Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience designing and building container platform automation
- Solid working knowledge of K8/OpenShift networking and public cloud network integrations
- Experience implementing and leveraging the logging and monitoring solutions, such as Grafana and/or Prometheus
- Experience in cloud-native architectures and micro-services design
- Understanding of the shared responsibility model in AWS
- Proven record of accomplishments in major enterprise-level projects
- Experience in the design of complex distributed systems environments
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Ability to clearly communicate and present to various levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Independent and self-motivated and very thorough worker
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), demonstrate teamwork skills, be innovative, and creative, and have strong problem-solving abilities.