SAP EDI Consultant
- Good communication and interaction skills
- Action oriented, proactive and able to independently follow up with customers, third party vendors, and our EDI Managed services vendor to troubleshoot issues and find resolutions
- Extremely good troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Previous experience with onboarding EDI trading partners/customers is critical
- Experience implementing EDI transactions 856, 850, 855, 810.
- Experience implementing some or all of the EDI 844, 845, 849 messages
- Experience with EDI X12 and EDIFACT standards
- Knowledge of and experience with EDI IDOCs, and the EDI X12 standard is very critical
- Knowledge of and experience with EDI transaction codes (ex. WE02, WE20, WE19, WE05, WE60)
- Knowledge of and experience using SAP output transaction codes (ex. VV21, VV22, VV23, VV31, VV32, VV33) and knowledge of the SAP Output Determination Technique
- Analysis - Requirements gathering, analysis, trading partner onboarding, and experience interpreting EDI message Implementation Guides is critical. Knowledge of SAP Master Data (Customer Master: sold-to, bill-to, payer, ship-to accounts, Material Master)
- Implementation – Experience with SAP IDOC to EDI X12 mapping and vice versa is critical. Experience with EDI mapping or writing EDI mapping specifications (Correlation Documents) is critical. SAP EDI Master Data creation/setup. EDI Test Data creation/setup.
- Testing – Unit and integration testing skills, identifying and documenting mapping specification changes, end-to-end testing between SAP and trading partner EDI systems is critical
- Production Deployment - SAP EDI Master Data creation/setup or at minimum identification of EDI Master Data. Knowledge of SAP EDI Partner Profiles, and SAP EDI Master Data tables EDPAR, PUMA, MEAN, and SAP output condition records for triggering EDI output.
- Production Support – root cause analysis and resolution of EDI production issues.